Friday, May 17, 2019

A Love Letter to My BFF

Such a good poems or monologue or kinda an appreciation from Sis Aida, you name it..


To all the books I ever read,
There's a million and one things I have to tell you,
But I have to start by thanking you,

Thank you for welcoming me into your world,
a world where knowledge is sacred,
passions are celebrated,
and the world that is open and safe for all.

Thank you for being a home for me,
whenever I'm in a foreign land.
Thank you for teaching me how to be OK,
alone, on my own.
For showing me that, sometimes,
Solitude is necessary for Self-Growth.
Thank you for allowing me to feel what it's like to hold
overwhelming happiness between my tiny hands.

You've also proved to be the quietest,
but most powerful of all my friends,
because pressed between your pages,
you've taught me Kindness,
you've taught me Grace,
and you've taught me Love.
But most of all I want to thank you
because you've taught me Faith.

Every time I'm with you,
I'm reminded the of the very first word
that Allah SWT commanded to Rasulullah SAW
which was "Iqra'", to read.

And for that, no amounts of "thank you" 
will be enough to repay you,
for being a means for me,
to draw closer to My Lord,
and His Prophet, SAW.





But I also would like to apologise,
for neglecting you, sometimes.
When life gets a little to busy,
I'd lie to myself and say,
"being with you is just a form of luxury".
But that's not true.
Because if I still have time to go on,
and be on that other "book",
then I have definitely have time for you.

I also want to apologise, 
for sometimes using you as a tripod,
and IG prop,
and for occasionally hurting you.
But, most of all, I'm sorry for being unfaithful.
Because I see some of your friends at the very same time too.
But that's the only way I've been able to be  stay consistent
with my habit of being with you.

A wise man once said,
"in the case of books, the point is not to see
how many of them you can get through
but rather, how many can get through to you?"
And I agree!
And I'm happy to say that 
there's been many that has gotten through to me.

Many have made me smile,
a number have made me cry,
a few have gripped my heart,
and One, has changed my life.

To my dearest friend,
before I end my letter to you,
I just want to say that
no matter how rapidly the world will change,
I promise I will still hold you close.
Because it was through you,
that I've found the strength
to finally do something that I've always wanted to.
Which is to Write.

So with all my heart,
thank you.
For letting me realise that
I have within me,
pages and pages of stories
that I'd like to share with the world too.
Actually we all do.
Thank you.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...